GETTING YOU THROUGH PROBATE
Our team will help you create and file all the appropriate documents to the court to help you get your loved one’s estate transferred properly. If there are issues among family and the distribution of assets we provide mediation services to assist in dealing with those issues. That is all done for a flat fee, not a percentage of the estate.
We know that you have worked hard to buy a house, build a business and create something to pass on to your family and loved ones. Our team can help you make sure that the assets generated by years of hard work are preserved and passed on as your legacy. Building a comprehensive estate plan addressing with your priorities and needs, you can make sure that your assets are protected, and ultimately divided and distributed as you wanted them.
Using tools like wills and trusts, you protect your wealth, and in turn, your family. Additionally, you may need tools to handle other issues, should you be ill or require help, like a medical and financial power of attorneys.
A FEW THINGS TO KNOW
- Living trust: You help your heirs avoid probate for assets such as your home, other real estate holdings, savings, vehicles, business stock and so on.
- Pour-over will: Used with a living trust, it transfers property intentionally or inadvertently left outside the trust, to the trust.
- Financial powers of attorney: This document protects you if you are injured or become ill and are unable to take care of your finances.
- Advance health care directive: With this, you can name someone to make decisions about your health care in the event you become incapacitated. It also makes clear your wishes regarding health care, organ donation, disposition or remains, and whether or not to be resuscitated in the event that you have no chance of recovery.
- Revocable transfer on death deed: A legal tool enabling you to transfer real property to the person of your choice, revocable by you at any time.
PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS
For business owners, a thoughtfully structured succession plan is an important component of estate planning. These succession plans are critical to the financial well-being of your family, and the continued success of the business that has provided for them, but also to your own peace of mind.
Why Everyone Needs an Estate Plan
Planning for the future is an essential part of...
Updating Your Custody Agreement
Custody agreements are legal documents that...
New Year’s Resolutions
Four New Years Resolutions to Make for a Happy...
What important papers do you need?
Starting the new year off with all of your legal...
Holiday Updates to Visitation and Custody
As we serve divorced couples in of Santa Maria,...
Easier, Faster, Cheaper Divorce
Easier, faster, cheaper divorce is possible when...
What Are the Most Common Reasons for Divorce?
We've all heard the statistic that 50% of...
When should you update your will?
A will is a legal document that specifies how...
Remember to Update your Beneficiaries after Divorce
Divorce can come with a lot of changes, but one...
Does Your Child Custody Agreement Need to Change for Summer?
Child custody is a difficult topic for many...